The essence of knowing what Lasik surgery involves is to give you a clue of what it entails. I know why you are here. Perhaps, you’ve been instructed by your eye doctor to undergo this process, and you’re looking forward to knowing what this surgery entails even before you enter the theatre room. That’s good. But I need to encourage you. Trust me, every piece of information you’ll see here about Lasik surgery is accurate and helpful. However, please don’t pick any matter or line in the article in isolation. The truth remains that once your eye doctor has said to you that you need to undergo Lasik, please don’t search for information online to disrupt your doctor’s advice. Remember, it is for your good.
However, the main goal of Lasik eye surgery is to reshape the cornea to have a better focus image on the retina. If you’ve been having difficulty in your eyesight and you’ve been instructed to go for Lasik, please don’t ignore it. Then, what are the eye problems that Lasik has the power to overcome?
If you’ve had myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism, there’s a high tendency that you’ll undergo Lasik if you want to restore your vision. Of course, Lasik eye surgery is not the only remedy for treating myopia and hyperopia. But this procedure remains the quickest and the safest. Before the ride, let us look into what Lasik surgery entails.
What is Lasik Eye surgery?
The Laser is used to reshape or correct the corneal tissue underneath the flap. The flap will be lifted to ensure the corneal tissue underneath is corrected without complications in this procedure. Do you know why this is done? This procedure is done to ensure the light focus better on the retina. So, if this process is handled carefully, the cornea flap can be fully restored to its normal state. One beautiful thing about this process is that it remains the best method of solving eye problems like myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. However, one thing is crucial. If you don’t want to undergo this surgery again, make sure you’re connected with the right source. What do I mean by being connected with the right source? Ensure that your Lasik surgeon is competent and reliable. Visit http://smokefreebristol.com/things-you-need-to-avoid-after-lasik-eye-surgery/ to read about Things you need to avoid after Lasik eye surgery.
What you need to expect on the day of your surgery
- Test: Please put your mind together, and get ready to undergo a series of tests on the day of your surgery. You can ask those that have undergone this procedure. They will tell you how essential it is for you to be examined by your eye doctor before the surgery. The essence of doing tests is to ensure that your eye condition is stable. Not only that but some tests will also be carried out on you to know if your body is willing and ready to receive the touch. Of course, the dealing is with the eye. But the whole body must comply and be willing. So, some tests will be carried out to check if the body aligns with the operation. Therefore, don’t be scared when tests are carried out on you.
- Eye drops: Also, you’ll be given eye drops in both eyes. There’s a special treatment that the eye drop will do before the commencement of the surgery. So, eye drops will be placed in your eyes. Then, you’ll be given a sedative.
- The Lasik procedure: Your Ophthalmologist will use a femtosecond laser to form a thin, circular flap in your cornea. Then, the flap will be lifted or folded. This will allow your eye surgeon to access the stroma. The next thing you’ll see is a laser with ultraviolet beams. The work of the Laser with an ultraviolet beam is to eradicate small tissue from the cornea to give it a new shape. This step is crucial. It will enable light to focus better on the retina. And once the light is accurately focused on your retina, your vision changes to become something pleasant. Please note that you’ll see something different if you’re battling nearsightedness. What do I mean? If your eye problem is nearsightedness, the laser will be used to flatten your cornea. Click here to read about What does an ophthalmologist do?
On the other hand, for those that are battling with farsightedness, the Laser will form a steeper cornea. After all the process, the flap will be laid back in place. It will cover the area where the cornea tissue was removed. The final stage is to give the cornea some time to heal naturally.
Critical points to achieving a successful Lasik surgery
- Stay strong: It is expedient for you to stay strong and believe in the procedure. You must develop a solid winning mentality in your mind. Don’t be scared. Lasik is one of the most accessible surgery. So, please put yourself together and be ready from within to undergo this process.
- Contact a competent surgeon: One of the crucial keys to a successful Lasik surgery is to ensure that a competent surgeon is the one handling your eyes. There are records of complicated issues after this surgery. These records came out because an incompetent surgeon handled some cases. Hence, you need to be careful before choosing the right Ophthalmologist.
- Follow the instructions from your eye doctor: Before the time of the surgery, your eye doctor will give you some dos and don’ts. Not only that, there are some instructions to must pay attention to even after the surgery. What am I saying in essence? There are things to do, and there are things to avoid. Please take note of every instruction from your eye doctor. For instance, your eye doctor might instruct you to avoid placing your eye on screens for some days after the surgery. Please adhere to such instructions. Those instructions will help the healing process to become a reality.
On a final note
Dear reader, hopefully, this article has done something you couldn’t imagine. How about sharing the link to this page with family and friends? It’s going to be nice! Finally, a question regarding this topic might cross your mind while reading this article. Please drop your question in the comment box.